Here at 澳门永利唯一网址 we have forged many links within the education sector through a variety of methods, 包括:
- Annual 现代语言 days (法国, 德国, 意大利, 西班牙语) held at 澳门永利唯一网址 for local primary 学校s, including taster lessons, ordering lunch in 法国, role plays and with a diploma awarded;
- Outreach teaching of 法国 and Chinese to local primary 学校s;
- Free-after 学校 Mandarin Club to young linguists in Year 5 and Year 6 in our local primary 学校s held at 学校的行动. If the parents have difficulty with taking their children to 学校的行动, we can help with the transport;
- Mandarin Department partnership with Dulwich Prep to host after-学校 Mandarin Club to pupils in Years 6, 7和8. It is free of charge and offered to pupils attending other 学校s in our local community. Weekly one-hour session during term time every Monday.
六年级 and Higher Education
- Careers and Higher Education events are open to local 学校s to attend;
- Joint Oxbridge preparation of students with 克莱恩布鲁克 School;
- Regular participation by 六年级 students from 克莱恩布鲁克 School in the Headmistress's Discussion Society;
- Sponsorship and staging of the annual Kent and Sussex 六年级 Debating Championships and Schools Mace debating. Twenty teams from state and independent 学校s take part each February. Over 50 学校s in Kent and East Sussex are invited.
- Hosting Women in Science and Engineering Conference with state 学校 involvement;
- Hosting 化学 at Work Day with state 学校 involvement;
- 经典 - On Wednesday afternoons Year 13 Latin students from 克莱恩布鲁克 School come over and join us for a joint lesson, to provide them with some additional support.
Kent Academies Network – Universities Access Scheme
In 2013 澳门永利唯一网址 joined the Kent Academies Network.
每年, two students from each participating 学校 are chosen to begin a four year programme of support. The scheme is open to any student currently in Year 9 at one of the Kent Academies who the 学校 identifies as being capable of achieving a very strong set of GCSE results (5 A*s or better) and who has the ambition to apply to a top university.
This support will help these students get into top universities in the UK. In each of the four years of the programme, the group of students will spend one week at Easter and one week in the summer away from their own 学校 on a residential course in Kent. These weeks away will provide an opportunity to strengthen knowledge of core subjects and also provide the chance to experience a range of subjects and activities that will help them develop in other ways – activities in art, 音乐, literature and science for example. As students move into the 六年级 they will also be given specific help in making an application to university. 另外, they will be provided with on-going mentoring from undergraduates and teachers and opportunities to work collaboratively on projects over the four years.
There is no cost to the student on the scheme throughout the four year programme. Funding has kindly been provided by The Sutton Trust, an educational organisation committed to the idea of promoting social mobility through education. Educational support will also be provided by Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge University.